Friday 5 April 2013

Pastel Hair.....

 As some of you are still loving the pastel hair trend I thought id share how I went from a brunette to flamingo pink on a budget...

Ive seen so many different tutorials on you tube on how to get your hair pastel pink and lilac some of which have been really helpful. I think its just a case of trial and error and finding the easiest way for you to get your perfect pastel shade.
To get my Hair pastel Pink I first Had to Bleach It as my hair is a really dark Brown  the bleach went a horrible orange yellow colour at first but If u really want a perfect pastel hair colour you have to be patient with it and brave!! 

Pastel hair works best on white/blond hair so you want to try and get it as white as you can before applying your colour..the first time I did it I just put my colour straight on to my orangey, yellowish hair colour and it just made me look like I had orange and pink highlights which is not a good look..this is why to achieve this look its takes patience and a bit of trail and error if you want to do it yourself on a budget.

To get My hair to a whiter blond I used a touch of silver brightening shampoo,this has a violet pigment so makes your hair a whiter/silver blond, you can get this from superdrug and its only about £1-£2 a bottle. I used this everyday for about 3 days and a lot of the orange went , and my hair looked a lot whiter and now ready for my pink!!

I used Lariche Directions semi Permanent conditioning hair colour in flamingo pink to achieve my look.
When using these hair colours  they work so much better when you mix them with a conditioner...You can use any conditioner as long as its white in colour, id advise getting a cheap big bottle if u can because your going to probably need all of it for this. 

So now your hair is at a blond enough shade your ready to apply your dye...If your using lariche directions like me, you hardly need any dye I've dyed  mine  about 5 times and still have half a pot left..the best way to do it is to mix the dye and lots of conidtioner until it looks a little bit darker than the shade you want your hair to be as its always going to come out lighter once its on your hair...

Make sure your all of you hair is completely covered in the mix you don't want to be left with patches...on the tub of dye it recommends you only leave it on for about 5 minutes, I left mine on for just over and hour  as the first time I only left it on for 5 minutes and it hardly took at all..so I recommend leaving it on for as long as you can its not gonna hurt..and when your ready rinse out with warm water.

As it fades really quickly, you can maintain your colour by adding some of the dye to your daily shampoo or conditioner just to keep it topped up.

If you don't want to do it on a budget then I recommend getting your hair bleached at a hair dressers first, I used a home 40 volt bleach kit by loreal...costing about £5..dont use 40 if your hair is already a light brown, id go with a 30 volt... another way to get your hair looking whiter is to use a white toner after bleaching, lariche also sell this and ive heard it works really well.

You can buy Lariche Directions hair products on ebay,I got 2 pots on there for about £5 or you can go on their website http://www.lariche.co.uk/ Theres so many different colours to choose from Ive previously used violet mixed with white conditioner to achieve a lilac hair colour and flamingo pink mixed with white conditioner for my pastel pink..there are dyes on there called pastel pink and lilac but I found I got better results mixing darker shades with white conditioner as these lighter shades hardly showed up..but like I said its trail and error there cheap enough to experiment with and play around until you find your perfect colour.


I hope this has been a help for some of you wanting to have pastel hair...if you have any questions or tips to share with me please leave a comment or tweet me @cate_MUA

FLAMINGO PINK..






VIOLET













MY CANDY FLOSS PASTEL PINK HAIR USING LARICHE DIRECTIONS FLAMINGO PINK.....






No comments:

Post a Comment